Skip to main content

He'll Hold You



I don’t feel like I have anything particularly inspired to write tonight. It’s been a hard few days. Overall, I’ve been amazed at how quickly I recovered from Ellie’s birth. In fact, because she was only with us for 10 days, at times it almost feels like I didn’t even have a baby recently. I know that probably sounds weird. It feels weird to me as I type this. Once my milk dried up (a very excruciating process, by the way!), and other than a few small twinges here and there, it seems like any physical reminders of having been pregnant and giving birth so recently have simply vanished. 

However, this week it has all hit me like a freight train. My hormones have been all over the map, and I’ve experienced an awful anxiety, unlike anything I’ve ever felt before. I have felt VERY on edge about everything and have been entirely too snippy to those around me. I’ve struggled to take care of my kids as well as I normally would because I feel so impatient constantly. I generally am not overly “hormonal-feeling” after giving birth (or otherwise, for that matter). I’m sure that the grieving process has magnified whatever hormones are going on inside my body as well. I mention all of this to say that I absolutely HATE the feeling of not being in control of myself. It almost feels like an out of body experience at times, where I can see and feel myself getting upset at things that probably otherwise wouldn’t even faze me. Anxiety isn’t something that I typically deal with, so it has been completely foreign and overwhelming this week.

For the most part, when I’m not feeling very intense emotions, I feel completely “blah.” All of the things that typically help me when I’m struggling have just seemed inadequate this week. I thought about not writing at all because I didn’t feel like I had anything positive to say. However, in the interest of being real, this is what I’ve got right now. The emotions are raw, and the anxiety is real. However, I’m constantly being reminded that God is right here with me through this agonizing process. And it is just that, a process. It won’t always be pretty. It will rarely, if ever, be neat and tidy. Despite all of that, He is still here, and when I allow my heart to get quiet enough to listen, He reminds me that He is holding me through it all. As I thought about that today, He brought this song to mind, yet another song that He led me to include in my birthing playlist just a few short months ago. I hope it speaks to you as much as it does to me.

He’ll Hold You – Selah

Storms may come, storms may go
The pain may linger like melting snow
The wind may toss you to and fro
But He’ll hold you through it all

He’ll hold you when the tempest rages all around
He’ll hold you, plant your feet on solid ground
He’ll hold you when the waves come crashing down
He’ll hold you through it all

Hard times will come, rain will pour
You can’t see the road anymore
Your heart’s been washed up upon life’s shore
But He’ll hold you through it all

He’ll hold you when the tempest rages all around
He’ll hold you, plant your feet on solid ground
He’ll hold you when the waves come crashing down
He’ll hold you through it all

When you’re fallin’, hear Him callin’
He will come in the midst of your storm
Just hold on tight with all your might
He will hold you through it all



"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glory Baby - Announcing Elizabeth Grace Kropchuk

Today we celebrated the life of our precious Elizabeth "Lizzie" Grace Kropchuk. Most people didn't know Lizzie existed yet. Actually, I've been anxiously waiting for this Sunday, Mother's Day, to arrive because it seemed like the perfect time to share the wonderful news that Ellie has been promoted to BIG SISTER! I've said before that oftentimes I have one thing in mind that I'd like to share and then God takes things in a completely different direction. This week has been no exception. This is a REALLY important post, so I hope you'll keep reading... As I said, I had originally planned to share this post on Sunday, Mother's Day. I anticipated that Mother's Day would be bittersweet this year, exciting to anticipate new life and adding to our family but also grieving that Sunday will be 6 months since Ellie went to heaven. Even just the thought of sharing our joyous news was enough to take a little bit of the sting away. At my church, the

The Story of Ellie Love

As I sit down to write, I’m not even sure where to begin. Eleanor “Ellie” Love Kropchuk was the most beautiful surprise. In March 2017, my husband Matthew and I were so excited to find out she was on the way to join big brother Timothy (3 years old) and big sister Caroline (20 months). Since I already have two children, pregnancy was nothing new for me. But Ellie was different. I won’t go into all the reasons why now, but even my doctor at one point commented as we laughed together about how active Ellie always was that this pregnancy was just different than the others. Around 7 months into my pregnancy, I felt led to create a playlist that I would listen to during my birthing time. If you know me, you probably know that I LOVE music. Always have. God often uses music to minster to me in very unique and specific ways. My favorite thing to do is throw a bunch of favorite songs into a playlist and then put it on shuffle because He always brings the exact songs I need in the mome

You Are My God

Today I feel angry. On the days when we just stay at home with no plans, I really struggle. This is new for me because I'm generally a homebody. Not that I don't like to get out and do things, but traditionally, once or twice a week for activities is good for me. The rest of the time, I prefer being at home. Now I don't know what I want anymore. When we're on the run for too many days, I start to feel overwhelmed and behind on things at home. But when we have stay at home days that I used to enjoy, I suddenly feel really blah and completely unmotivated to do anything at all. I've got big plans for things I'd like to get done. Yet zero motivation to do any of them. I tend to just sit around feeling sad. That has been my day today. While I'm not experiencing the all-consuming black hole depression that I was, I do think that I'm still dealing with some. It's like baby blues but without the baby. It sucks.  Thinking about it all today, I got ang